Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dual Language Resource for Kindergarten

Here's a great resource for Dual Language Class parents to help their children at home. My friend, Luz, who is a dual language teacher shared it with me... and now I want to share it with you.

The website is www.literacycenter.net

All these activities are available in English, Spanish, and German

 
When I was in Luz's class, I sat down at the computer next to one child. He had on his earphones and was working on his colors. He was merrily clicking on one color after another. I asked him, "Are you just learning your color names or are you practicing?"
"Practicing," he replied.

"Then try it this way. First, before you click on the color try to say the name of the color. Then click on the color and see if you are right. When you predict the color first, you find out how much you already know and if you need to practice that color anymore or not."
 
And then he tried it that way and rewarded me with a big smile.
 
It just reminded me that sometimes we need to teach children how to help themselves learn.
 
Deborah
 
 
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...